When it comes to social media and the digital world, we are constantly evolving. What’s popular one day, is gone the next and something new has taken its place. It’s hard to constantly check the news, then Twitter, Facebook and every other source out there. When it comes to digital, companies are trying new ways to reach their customers. Content marketing is huge for 2015. Let’s talk about some of the best business podcasts to listen too and why I think they are valuable to any digital strategist trying to stay ahead of the curve. These are in no particular order.
1. Six Pixels of Separation hosted by Mitch Joel is my first choice. Joel is a well-respected digital marketer who focuses his podcast by meeting with great influencers of digital marketing and discussing topics that will keep you ahead of the game. You can listen to his podcast here: http://www.twistimage.com/podcast/
2. Social Triggers Insider with Derek Halpern isn’t our normal podcast. Many people who produce podcasts feel like they must create one once a week or once a day to stay relevant. The refreshing thing about Halpern’s podcast is that he only publishes a podcast when he has something intelligent to say. He focuses his podcast around information and has a broad spectrum of idea topics from pleasing everyone around to great marketing and psych tactics. Listen in here: http://socialtriggers.com/category/social-triggers-insider/
3. Inside PR is my next choice. The podcast, hosted by Gini Detrich, Joseph Thornley and Martix Waxman does what it sounds like; it discusses public relations. Every good marketer knows the value of PR and these three really break down the struggles that PR faces in regards to professionals and understanding what drives public relations in regards to social media, sales, marketing, advertising and so on. They can be heard here: http://www.insidepr.ca/
4. Next on my list is Conversations – The True Voice Media Podcast. This podcast is run by a man named Jeff Gibbard. He hosts a phenomenal digital podcast for marketers. He talks about everything from social media, public relations and being an entrepreneur. You can listen in here: http://truevoicemedia.com/category/conversations/
5. For my SEO friends out there, let’s talk about SEO 101. Do you find it hard to keep up with changing SEO trends? Do you even SEO? This is perfect for beginners. Ross Dun and John Carcutt can provide you with a quick tutorial of what SEO is and how to easily get your feet wet on the topic. They keep it in layman’s term so everyone can understand. Great podcast to tune in to: http://www2.webmasterradio.fm/seo-101/
6. One of my personal favorites is For Immediate Release (FIR). The show is produced every Monday and Thursday by UK based Neville Hobson and Shel Holtz, residing in California. The duo tag-teams social media issues that arise on the day of that show along with covering PR and tech topics as well. They can be found in the app store under “For Immediate Release.”
7. Connected Social Media is a great one whether you’re a blogger, social media manager, customer engaged in social or anyone else that uses social media. They can be found at http://www.ConnectedSocialMedia.com and provide you with executives who discuss how their companies are constantly keeping up with social media and changing their strategies.
8. This next one has expert guests each week and inject a ton of humor into their show. I love people who don’t take themselves or their podcast too seriously. I’m talking about The Friday Hangout with Janet Fouts, Adam Helweh and Steve Farnsworth. They are very informative when it comes to branding, PR and social media. You can listen in at: http://www.TheFridayHangout.com
9. Social Media Unscrambled was probably the first podcast I started listening to when I got into the field. Chris Curran & David Deutsch have an interactive radio show and podcast that helps social media make sense. They discuss trends, features and give tips for direct social platforms. They hear interviews with bloggers and experts and also answer your questions. Check them out here: http://www.SocialMediaUnscrambled.com
10. Last but not least, I suggest Marketing Over Coffee with your hosts Chris Penn and John Wall. I love coffee personally; I could drink a pot by myself. In digital marketing, who doesn’t love coffee though? What makes these two different is that they share marketing tips in chunks so you can down your cup of Joe and get on with your day. They discuss a lot with industry leaders and focus on tech as well. Have a cup with them here: http://www.MarketingOverCoffee.com
There you have it. Do you have any to add to this list that I may have missed? I’d love to hear from you.